As the apex business chamber, SBF is committed to advocating key issues that impact the Singapore business community, helping enterprises develop capabilities and venture overseas.
We believe that our people are the driving force in helping the business community. We pride ourselves in developing our employees and are committed to creating a conducive work environment.
Global Business Division – ASEAN
- To cover the assigned market/s (ASEAN) and oversee the end-to-end process of identifying companies, account development, business development, project facilitation, deal origination, and stakeholders management (foreign governments, trade offices, Singapore government)
- Cultivate strategic relationships and build trust with key company executives
- Engage Singapore companies and develop deep understanding of company’s needs and operations for internationalisation projects, with the objective of helping the company to secure overseas sales and/or investments (“Market-push”).
- Identify, negotiate, and structure overseas project opportunities (through “Market-pull” opportunities and platform projects) to secure “win-win” outcomes for Singapore companies.
- Build sound understanding of regional markets/ global industry and business trends, and its implications to the Singapore companies.
- Provide Market Research and Intelligence input on the assigned market or region and highlight the implications (Opportunities/Challenges).
- A Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience for Market Specialist role and at least 7 to 10 years for Country Head, preferably in a business industry, and/or in sales, business development, managing key accounts and driving successful projects and internationalisation outcomes.
- A strong interest and passion in facilitating Singapore companies to internationalise.
- Able to work with a wide spectrum of Singapore companies (large and SMEs)
- Actual Working, Residence and / or Business / Travel experiences in your assigned market will be a useful advantage.
- A strong understanding of local and international business environment, as well as economic and political trends that impact doing business in your assigned market
- Enthusiasm and Strong Willingness to travel to your assigned market
- Familiarity with the business landscape of ASEAN countries.
- Ability to analyse in-depth different complex issues and put forth actionable solutions
- Keen sense of business acumen and experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging stakeholders
- Fluency in your assigned market’s language will be a bonus but not critical
- Ability to handle cross cultural challenges
- Self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a team player
Global Business Division – China & North Asia Markets
As part of SBF GlobalConnect initiative to help companies venture overseas, we are hiring dynamic individuals to engage Singapore companies in the infrastructure sector and assist them to fulfil their internationalisation goals. We are looking for someone who has some knowledge of Singapore’s infrastructure sector and some experience of the region. Reporting to the Director and working with other team members, the candidate should be resourceful, results-driven, self-starter, an individual contributor as well as a team player.
- Formulate and implement the BRI Connect and Infrastructure Committee (IC) programmes and projects, including strategic planning, engagement of BRI and Infrastructure key stakeholders and business community.
- Assess overseas infrastructure business opportunities and originate deals for Singapore businesses. Plan and execute the participation of Singapore businesses in overseas infrastructure projects. Develop and work closely with a network of in-market partners.
- Organize outreach events (online and offline) and activities with partners for focused countries & sectors, with the aim of matching demand with supply for IC and / or BRI Connect related projects.
- Develop, manage, and grow the database of regional and Singapore companies from relevant sectors for the development of IC and / or BRI Connect related value chain and community.
- Provide secretariat support and other necessary tasks for the SBF Infrastructure Committee and SBF management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a relevant discipline is advantageous
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably with at least 3 years’ experience in infrastructure development or related industry
- A good understanding of local and international business environment, especially in BRI related projects, infrastructure trends and developments
- Relevant business exposure in China, Southeast Asia and / or South Asia would be an added advantage
- Strong command of project / program development, project management and budget control skills
- Good analytical, consultation, planning, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Be able to communicate in Chinese, especially when dealing with external parties involved in BRI projects
- Willing to travel
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will lead the Learning and Development function to formulate, source, develop and execute learning and career development solutions and programmes to meet the overall business goals and strategic needs of the organisation. You will also plan and organise employee activities to develop a highly engaged organisation.
A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work culture will be a pre-requisite for the role. You should also possess excellent interpersonal, people management and collaboration skills, be resourceful and possess positive work attitude and analytical mindset; and a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Develop and organise Learning and Development (L&D) activities to build organisational capability and ensure systematic staff development through a structured Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and Learning Roadmap.
- Establish organisation-wide career progression pathway and competency framework as a key component of employee value proposition.
- Source and work closely with training providers to design, develop and organise various training programmes as well as the L&D strategies, including staff induction and appropriate e-learning strategies to improve overall workforce learning capabilities for current and future roles.
- Partner key stakeholders across the organisation to analyse talent needs; develop solutions and talent management framework; ensure enthusiastic adoption of strategies; and determine their effectiveness in driving business performance.
- Conduct training evaluation and analysis; provide training administration support and maintain training records.
- Recommend, implement and review L&D policies and practices/strategies; and develop L&D budget.
- Establish an Internship Attachment Programme that provides value to the institutes of higher learning and the organisation.
- Plan and organise staff events/activities to enhance employee engagement level.
- Assist to facilitate change management to achieve organisation effectiveness.
- Degree in Human Resource or Business-related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant human resource experience with a focus on Human Resource Development or Organisational Behaviour
- Experience in developing training programmes with hands-on training coordination, training policy formulation and leadership training program implementation
- Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of talent attraction, talent management and development, performance management and leadership development
- Proficient in MS Office applications and e-learning platforms
Jobs & Skills
SBF has been appointed as the Program Manager for WSG’s SGUnited Traineeship and mid-career Pathways programmes. The objective of the SGUnited programmes is to help find traineeship opportunities for fresh graduates and flatten the unemployment curve for mid-career individuals.
Our role is to handle the end-to end application and disbursement of grants. We have different sub-groups within the team
1. Applications - Enquiry, processing the applications
2. Onboarding - Enquiry, prepare Letter of Offer, keeping track of trainees onboarding the programme
3. Maintaining Database - For keeping track and management reporting
4. Disbursement of Claims - Enquiry, processing of claims
- A Degree or Diploma in Business
- Proficient in MS office especially in Excel
- Have an eye for detail and be analytical
- Strong drive, proactive self-starter with creative mind
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Results-oriented and good teamwork
- Good inter-personal skills with a pleasant personality
- Able to start work immediately or within short notice
The Human Resources Project Manager (HRPM) is expected to facilitate job matching between companies with manpower in demand and companies with excess manpower. He/she will be based at a Trade Association and Chamber (TAC) including the Singapore Business Federation (SBF); and will work with other TACs as well as government agencies such as WSG and e2i. This is a full-time contract-for-service role ending on 2 June 2021
- 1) Aggregate manpower demand from companies
- • Collate job vacancies and mid-career opportunities across companies for experienced hires
- • Gather relevant information on these positions, such as job description, designation, qualification, salary range, period available, whether it is a permanent or temporary position, and terms of contract, etc
- 2) Aggregate manpower supply from companies
- • Collate the number of workers across companies or within the industry that are available for hire, either on a temporary or permanent basis
- • Gather insights on the profile of workers, such as qualifications, skills, years of experience
- • Be familiar with MOM’s guidelines and rules on managing excess manpower and instances where MOM needs to be notified, and provide advice to companies on this where necessary
- 3) Assume coordinating and advisory role in the job matching process
- • Identify and facilitate potential job matches between companies
- • Work with TAC partners, WSG and e2i to support intra-sector and cross-sector job matching
- • Organise and report sector overview from information collated in (1) and (2)
- • Identify and recommend appropriate training programmes and government schemes for redeployment training when skill gaps are identified, especially for cross-sector matching
- 4) Advise companies on talent attraction for better success in job matching
- • Assist companies in drafting job descriptions
- • Guide companies in identifying relevant qualifications, knowledge, skills and competencies required for job vacancies
- • Be familiar with government schemes that provide support for the hiring and training/redeployment of workers, and provide advisory to companies on relevant schemes that they can tap on
- 5) Any other duties as assigned.
- A Degree or Diploma in Business/Human Resource Management
- At least 7-8 years of experience in Human Resource functions or in management positions
- Experience in talent attraction
- Understand employment regulations
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about helping jobseekers and local companies
Membership & TAC Engagement and Digital Technology Services
SBF’s Trade Associations and Chambers (TAC) Engagement team develops and drives active engagement programmes with TAC Alliance partners and supports major initiatives to enhance engagement with members of SBF through various outreach channels. To build up SBF’s business community and ecosystem, TAC Engagement establishes and deepens relationships with stakeholders and fosters collaboration through important initiatives for the TAC sector.
The team also manages the SBF Rising in Support of Enterprises (RISE) Programme, a new SBF initiative to help companies tide over the challenges arising from COVID-19 and push on with transformation efforts in preparation for economic recovery.
Reporting to the Deputy Director and working with the Executive Director of the Membership & TAC Engagement Division, as well as other SBF senior management and staff, the ideal candidate should be resourceful, results-driven, a self-starter, and excel as an individual contributor as well as a team player, who would carry out the job duties below.
- Work with TAC partners and other stakeholders to organise and support TAC collaborative meetings, events and projects
- Assist with planning, preparation and marketing of TAC initiatives to uplift the capabilities of the TAC sector
- Maintain the central database for the SBF RISE Programme, and liaise with SBF divisions and TAC partners to maintain the list of qualifying activities and programme partners
- Track and process RISE applications from SBF members, and prepare and provide analysis in management reports on the RISE Programme
- Liaise with applicants on the details and outcome of their applications, and coordinate with Finance on approved applications for reimbursement to applicants
- Handle enquiries on applications and the SBF RISE Programme, and manage the RISE email accounts
- Drive marketing of the SBF RISE Programme
- Maintain proper records of applications, supporting documents and enquiries; coordinate and enhance administrative processes; and provide administrative support for discussions on TAC Engagement initiatives or related matters
- Provide administrative or logistics support at SBF events from time to time, and undertake any other adhoc work as assigned by the Deputy Director of TAC Engagement or Executive Director of Division
- Preferably a good bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in an administrative role
- Prior experience in programme administration, marketing and/or account management will be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good ability to produce creative content such as simple videos, infographics, etc. and hands-on experience in content management will be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate both operational and complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with a pleasant personality
- Have an eye for detail and be analytical
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Resourceful, results-driven, and a self-starter
- Excel as an individual contributor as well as a team player
Strategy & Development
- Provide leadership and guide the other member(s) of the team to develop and analyse statistical models to address issues of concern to businesses.
- Gather and compile data and statistics from one or more source(s) to conduct research and analysis to derive insights from the data / statistics.
- Plan and manage the conduct of research in different geographical markets and a broad range of issues related to internationalization.
- Develop and manage databases that provide reliable, relevant and timely data.
- Charting trends and tracking of indicators across markets.
- Performing industry and sector research that would feed into the production of case studies, topical research reports, newsletters, economic write-ups and other in-depth market studies.
- Collaborating and liaising with government agencies, think-tanks, trade associations, business chambers and the business community at large.
- Conducting workshops and focus group discussions to gather feedback to understand and identify the needs, concerns and future plans of businesses.
- Work closely with respective business units (especially those related to internationalization) to understand and distil key areas of interest and concerns.
- Presentation of findings to Council members and other internal and external stakeholders at relevant platforms.
- Good degree in Economics, Statistics or a relevant discipline with substantial quantitative content.
- 6-8 years of work experience, with more than 5 years of experience in a quantitative research role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data science tools such as R, SAS, SPSS and Python.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to learn and apply relevant statistical and analytical tools / techniques for data compilation and analysis.
- Knowledge of big data techniques, business intelligence or visualisation tools would be an advantage.
- Ability to present research and data findings in an easily understandable format that appeals to the business community.
- Ability to bring on board relevant research contacts and partnerships will be a bonus.
- Possess a good understanding of key issues and concerns of SMEs and the wider business community in Singapore.
- Have a good understanding of our Government’s policies, programmes and schemes for businesses as well as government regulations that impact businesses, and have a passion in helping Singapore businesses.
- Strong written and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and reach out to external stakeholders and businesses at various levels.
- Comfortable in handling multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in organizing, facilitating and leading focus group discussions and in-depth interviews.
- A self-starter and an effective team player.
- Drive SBF’s annual and long-term strategic and corporate planning process to ensure that SBF achieves its objectives. This includes conducting environment scans and identifying important trends in the business sector and trade association and chamber space, making recommendations on the focus of each planning exercise, etc.
- Obtain focus on SBF’s re-positioned role through regular monitoring of key projects and workplans, to ensure that SBF is on track to achieve its re-positioning to increase its value to its members.
- Co-ordinate the organisation’s regular management reporting to our Council.
- Review SBF’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & increase the visibility of SBF’s achievements on its KPIs to better articulate our value to our stakeholders and members.
- Handle any other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A good degree in Business, Economics or a relevant discipline.
- 2-7 years of relevant working experience in corporate planning, KPI setting, corporate management reporting and business-related research, preferably in a commercial organisation or an economic-based government agency.
- A good understanding of the needs and concerns of businesses and trade associations and chambers, and a passion for helping these two sectors.
- Good in statistics, MS-Excel and statistical software.
- Candidates with practical experience in data analytics will have an advantage.
- Strong analytical and communication (i.e. verbal and written) skills and an attention to detail.
- A keen learner and proactive self-starter, with a willingness to work across a number of subject areas.
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Able to work well in a team as well as an individual contributor.