As the apex business chamber, SBF is committed to advocating key issues that impact the Singapore business community, helping enterprises develop capabilities and venture overseas.
We believe that our people are the driving force in helping the business community. We pride ourselves in developing our employees’ and are committed to creating a conducive work environment.
Interested applicants for the job opportunities below are invited to email your cover letter and detailed resume including a recent photograph, contact details, notice period as well as current and expected salaries.
Global Business Division – ASEAN
As part of a new SBF initiative to help companies venture overseas, in particular to ASEAN; Frontier and Emerging Markets; as well as Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), we are hiring 2 dynamic individuals to cover respective regions, namely Thailand and Myanmar.
Reporting to the Director and working with other team members, the candidate should be resourceful, results-driven, self-starter, an individual contributor as well as a team player, who would carry out the following job duties in his/her assigned regions. These positions are based in Singapore and candidate will need to travel regularly to the assigned regions.
- Contribute to SBF's strategy for the assigned region
- Lead the implementation of SBF’s Overseas Centre (OEC) in the assigned region
- Build relationship and collaboration with stakeholders of Trade Associations & Chambers (TACs), Government, Partners and business community for and in your assigned region
- Provision of Advisory Service on your assigned region to Singapore companies
- Implement activities to increase companies’ interest in your assigned region
- Provision of follow-through assistance to companies with a high chance of securing deals or setting up a presence in your assigned region
- Work with Singapore-based TACs to implement activities in your assigned region
- Provision of regular information updates to Singapore companies interested in your assigned region
- Minimally a Degree with at least 10 years of working experience in Business Development, Marketing, Sales or Operations relating to your assigned region
- A good understanding of the local and international business environment, as well as economic and political trends that impact doing business in your assigned region
- Good analytical, strategic, consultation, planning and negotiation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, presentation, facilitation skills and customer relationship skills. Fluency in your assigned region’s language will be a bonus but not critical.
- Ability to handle cross-cultural challenges
- Enthusiasm and strong willingness to travel to your assigned region
- Actual Working, Residence and/or Business/Travel experiences in your assigned region will be a useful advantage
- Familiarity with the business landscape of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand
- Good leadership skills
- Language proficiency in Thai or Myanmar (in order to build relationship and collaboration with Thai or Myanmar speaking stakeholders of Trade Associations & Chambers (TACs), Government, Partners and business community for and in your assigned region).
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs
Global Business Division – China & North Asia Markets
The primary purpose of this role is to formulate and implement the strategies, programmes, and projects for BRI Connect and Infrastructure Committee. We are also looking for someone with some knowledge on digital platform, including management of content and membership.
- Formulate and implement the BRI Connect (“BRI”) strategies, programmes, and projects, including strategic planning, engagement of BRI key stakeholders and business community
- Formulate and implement the Infrastructure Committee (“IC”) strategies, programmes, and projects, including strategic planning, engagement of IC key stakeholders and business community
- Design, develop, and manage the content for BRI Connect Online Platform
- Organise outreach events and activities with partners for focused countries & sectors, with the aim of matching demand with supply for IC and/or BRI related projects
- Provide secretariat support and other necessary tasks for the SBF management
- Minimally degree in Info Comm, Business, Engineering, or any relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably with at least 3 years' experience in infrastructure development or related industry
- A good understanding of digital platform management and content strategy
- Relevant business exposure in the China, Southeast Asia and/or South Asia would be an added advantage
- Strong command of project/programme development, project management and budget control skills
- Good analytical, consultation, planning, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Be able to communicate in Chinese, especially when dealing with external parties involved in BRI projects
- Willing to travel
The SBF Rising In Support of Enterprises (RISE) Programme is a new SBF initiative to help companies tide over the challenges arising from COVID-19 and push on with transformation efforts in preparation for economic recovery. Reporting to the RISE Programme Manager and working with the Executive Director of the Membership & TAC (Trade Associations and Chambers) Engagement Division, as well as other SBF senior management and staff, the candidate should be resourceful, results-driven, a self-starter, an individual contributor as well as a team player, who would carry out the job duties below. The candidate should be able to start work within a short notice period. The SBF RISE Programme will run from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2021. At the end of the initiative, the candidate may seek new career opportunities within SBF that match his/her skills and experience.
- Maintain the central database for the SBF RISE Programme
- Liaise with SBF divisions to maintain the list of qualifying activities and programme partners
- Track and process RISE applications from SBF members
- Coordinate with Finance on approved applications for reimbursement to applicants
- Liaise with applicants on the details and outcome of their applications
- Prepare and provide analysis in management reports on applications
- Assist with marketing of the SBF RISE Programme
- Handle enquiries on applications and the SBF RISE Programme
- Manage the RISE email account
- Monitor feedback from SBF members
- Maintain proper records of applications, supporting documents and enquiries
- Provide input on administrative processes
- Provide administrative support for discussions on the SBF RISE Programme or related matters
- Arrange meetings
- Take notes or minutes of meetings
- Follow up on specific action items
- Provide administrative or logistics support at SBF events from time to time
- Any other ad hoc work as assigned by the RISE Programme Manager or Executive Director of the Membership & TAC Engagement Division, where required
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of experience in an administrative role
- Prior experience in programme administration, customer relations or call centre work will be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a pleasant personality
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel and Word
- Have an eye for detail and be analytical
SBF Business Institute
- Project planning, implementing and managing overall deliverables for programme in accordance to the deliverables
- Managing and planning of workshops and annual event
- Close intensive follow up on all leads especially end to end process from events /enquiries to training intakes
- Targeted visits, industrial immersions and personalised meeting to the potentials’ premises, catering to their specific critical areas of concerns
- Researching on current trends and topics relating to corporate giving within different markets and industries
- Managing and coordinating the development of informational resources for enterprises such as videos, best practices, guides and case studies publications
- Managing the administrative matters on funding from SBFF
- Facilitate company collaborations
- Management of knowledge partners, trainers and vendors
- Generation of quarterly and annual programme summary reports
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Degree in business-related studies or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the training industry
- Strong drive, proactive self-starter with creative mind
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities
- Good customer service skills and likes to interact with people
- Good Teamwork
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will lead the Learning and Development function to formulate, source, develop and execute learning and career development solutions and programmes to meet the overall business goals and strategic needs of the organisation. You will also plan and organise employee activities to develop a highly engaged organisation.
A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work culture will be a pre-requisite for the role. You should also possess excellent interpersonal, people management and collaboration skills, be resourceful and possess positive work attitude and analytical mindset; and a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Develop and organise Learning and Development (L&D) activities to build organisational capability and ensure systematic staff development through a structured Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and Learning Roadmap.
- Establish organisation-wide career progression pathway and competency framework as a key component of employee value proposition.
- Source and work closely with training providers to design, develop and organise various training programmes as well as the L&D strategies, including staff induction and appropriate e-learning strategies to improve overall workforce learning capabilities for current and future roles.
- Partner key stakeholders across the organisation to analyse talent needs; develop solutions and talent management framework; ensure enthusiastic adoption of strategies; and determine their effectiveness in driving business performance.
- Conduct training evaluation and analysis; provide training administration support and maintain training records.
- Recommend, implement and review L&D policies and practices/strategies; and develop L&D budget.
- Establish an Internship Attachment Programme that provides value to the institutes of higher learning and the organisation.
- Plan and organise staff events/activities to enhance employee engagement level.
- Assist to facilitate change management to achieve organisation effectiveness.
- Degree in Human Resource or Business-related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant human resource experience with a focus on Human Resource Development or Organisational Behaviour
- Experience in developing training programmes with hands-on training coordination, training policy formulation and leadership training program implementation
- Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of talent attraction, talent management and development, performance management and leadership development
- Proficient in MS Office applications and e-learning platforms
Strategy & Development
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications, you will join a dynamic team to develop and implement all of SBF’s marketing and communications activities, primarily through our social media channels.
The ideal candidate will be creative, driven and passionate about making a difference in the local business community. A strong work ethic and the ability to excel under deadline pressure is a must. As a member of a small team, the candidate will be a good team player who brings unique and creative ideas to the table as well as excel as an individual contributor. You should also have a keen interest in social media and be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Primary responsibilities include working with various external and internal stakeholders to plan and develop good quality multimedia (photo, video, infographics, etc) content for social media, managing posts and responding to online feedback
- Take primary responsibility for the creation/production of EDMs and updating of the corporate website
- Assist to develop and leverage digital and print communication platforms to raise awareness of SBF, drive participation in the Federation’s activities and increase engagement and reach via our social media channels
- Assist in articulating SBF’s vision, mission, value proposition and organisational objectives to garner appropriate perception and image of the Federation, befitting its stature as apex business chamber
- Assist to develop corporate materials, including annual report, corporate brochure, corporate video and corporate gifts, from production to approval
Serve as custodian of SBF’s corporate identity and communication platforms
- Provide administrative support to all media-related activities, including media engagement materials
- Assist to provide advisory to internal users on media outreach and management
- At least a Degree in Communications and/or Marketing
- At least 2 years relevant training and/or working experience in digital & marketing communications
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical & interpersonal skills (writing samples required)
- Strong digital marketing communications experience & skills with proven experience in social media management
- Exceptional ability to produce creative content such as simple videos, photos, infographics, etc, and hands on experience in content management
- Good knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, to assess the effectiveness of our social media content and campaigns
- Meticulous and able to manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Word is required
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Joomla is appreciated
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications, the incumbent assists in the planning, development and implementation of all SBF’s corporate and marketing communications, including public relations activities.
- Assist in articulating SBF’s vision, mission, value proposition and organisational objectives to garner appropriate perception and image of the Federation, befitting its stature as apex business chamber.
- Assist in key message development and corporate storytelling, including content development for BizQ magazines and Thought Leadership articles/pieces.
- Develop corporate materials, including SBF’s annual reports, corporate presentations and brochures, and corporate videos.
- Custodian of SBF’s corporate identity and communication platforms.
- Provide counsel to internal units on all communication-related issues.
- Cultivate and enhance media relations through active story pitching to media.
- Draft and edit speeches, media statements and all-related media engagement materials.
- Curate communication materials, including media release and factsheets.
- Assist to provide advisory to internal users on media outreach and management.
- Assist to develop and leverage digital and print communication platforms to raise awareness of SBF and its products and services among its members and target audience(s).
- Evaluate and enhance the effectiveness of SBF’s communication channels and develop new ones to engage our target audience(s).
- Supervise the creation/production of EDMs, manage and update SBF’s social media and corporate website, and optimise the connectivity of our digital and online communication platforms so that we can reach our target audience(s) more effectively.
- A Degree in Communication Studies, Journalism or Marketing.
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience in a communications and public relations team, of which at least three years in a managerial capacity.
- Sound strategic, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written skill (samples required). Experience in journalism is preferred but not a must.
- Strong digital marketing communications experience and skills with proven experience in social media management.
- Good relationship and experience with media.
- Creativity and experience in key message and content development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timelines.
On 1 January 2018, SBF re-positioned itself as the apex business platform, working closely with the other trade associations and chambers here to promote the growth and vibrancy of the Singapore business community. We also act as the bridge between businesses and our government. As a key part of our re-positioning, SBF has committees of business leaders to champion important issues of concern to significant segments of our business community and pursue activities to help the community itself. Two of such committees are the SBF SME Committee (SMEC) Main Committee and the SBF SMEC Sub-committee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness. The SMEC Main Committee actively coordinates the work of the various sub-committees and working groups under its purview with the objective of championing the key concerns and interests of SMEs in Singapore. The focus of the SMEC Subcommittee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness is on facilitating SMEs’ access to financing and enabling a cost-efficient environment overall (especially in regard to the cost of regulatory compliance) to facilitate their growth. The overall objective of our efforts is to help our SMEs grow in a competitive manner. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Advocacy & Actions Department. Equipped with the required knowledge and skills, the incumbent must be passionate in helping our SMEs grow as well as to help team members and implement the work of the two committees. This role will involve:
- Co-ordinating the work of the SBF SMEC:
- Staffing of the SMEC Main Committee
- Putting together the SMEC’s overall advocacy messages and its annual recommendations for the Singapore Budget
- Staffing the SBF SMEC Sub-committee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness:
- Gather and analyse feedback on the challenges faced by our SMEs on the topics concerned. This is in line with the objective of coming up with the appropriate advocacy messages for Government, our workers and the business community itself, and developing high impact programmes to help the business community.
- Conduct and co-ordinate studies where relevant, in collaboration with our Research & Publishing Department. This may involve putting together case studies of shining examples of companies that have done well on the topics concerned, for other companies to learn from.
- Develop advocacy messages, including our annual SMEC Budget Recommendations, on the topics concerned.
- Develop and operationalize high-impact programmes that are consistent with the advocacy messages of the SMEC Sub-committee on Business Finance & Cost Competitiveness. This will involve collaborating with various stakeholders.
- The role will also involve any other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the organisation.
- Minimally a degree in Business or a relevant discipline.
- A good understanding of the key concerns of our SMEs overall and in the areas of business financing and cost competitiveness (especially with respect to the cost of regulatory compliance), and our Government’s policies and programmes in these areas.
- 2 to 7 years of working relevant experience in the private and/or public sector, especially in helping SMEs to address business financing and cost competitiveness issues (especially with respect to the cost of regulatory compliance). Candidates without experience are also welcome to apply in which the successful candidate will be given the appropriate designation in line with the organisation’s HR policies.
- A passion for helping SMEs to grow.
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express complex issues simply and logically.
- Proactive and possess the drive and resourcefulness to come up with innovative solutions and recommendations.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to bring various parties together to achieve results.
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Able to work well in a team and as an individual contributor.
- Proficient in organising seminars, workshops and roundtable discussions.
Interested applicants should send in their detailed resume (with a recent photograph) together with a cover letter (stating why they are suitable for the role; their notice period; and current and expected salaries) to