As the apex business chamber, SBF is committed to advocating key issues that impact the Singapore business community, helping enterprises develop capabilities and venture overseas.
We believe that our people are the driving force in helping the business community. We pride ourselves in developing our employees’ and are committed to creating a conducive work environment.
Interested applicants for the job opportunities below are invited to email your cover letter and detailed resume including a recent photograph, contact details, notice period as well as current and expected salaries.
The position reports to the Assistant Executive Director of Corporate Services Division and leads the Administration & Facilities team to meet the overall business goals and strategic needs of the organisation; and has the following responsibilities.
- Supervise the full spectrum of office administration function, including reception, insurance renewal, logistics for staff on-boarding and off-boarding, external storage of documents, office inventory and assets;
- Manage procurement functions including regular review of policy and processes, procurement of organization-wide goods and services (e.g. travel agents, printing vendors), provide guidance to end users on procurement matters;
- Supervise the full spectrum of office facilities function including maintenance and upkeep of office premises, manage the service agreements of vendors and oversee the smooth execution of seminar room bookings by internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage all leasing and tenant related matters, including sourcing for new tenants, facilitating renovation and reinstatement works, drawing up of leasing contracts, liaising with tenants on defects to be rectified by landlord;
- Ensure safety, security processes and systems are in place;
- Responsible for the Budget of the Administration and Facilities department
- Involved in the coordination of VIP events including event setup, liaising with vendors and internal departments; and
- Manage a team of admin and facilities executives
- Candidate must possess a good Degree in any discipline, preferably Estate Management or Business Administration
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in administration, estate management or procurement in a supervisory role
- An independent team player with a proactive and positive work attitude
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous with attention to detail and possess good problem solving skills
- A dynamic and motivated individual with a keen interest in continuous improvement and work excellence
- Effective communications skills both verbal and written
- IT savvy with good grasp of MS Office applications
Strategy & Development
Earlier this year, SBF re-positioned itself as the apex business platform promoting the growth and vibrancy of the Singapore business community and acting as the bridge between businesses and our Government. As a key part of our re-positioning, we have formed committees of business leaders to champion important issues of concern to significant segments of our business community and pursue activities to help the community itself. Two of such committees are the Digitalisation Committee and the SME Committee (SMEC) Sub-committee on Technology, Innovation and Productivity.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with the required skills and passion in these two areas to join our Advocacy and Actions Department under our Strategy and Development Division to help staff the work of the Digitalisation Committee, and the SME Committee Sub-committee on Technology, Innovation and Productivity. The work of this individual will have greater focus on staffing the work of the Digitalisation Committee. The scope of works includes working closely with the Committee / Sub-committee to:
- Gather & analyse industry feedback on the challenges faced by Singapore businesses (including SMEs) in the area of adopting digital technologies (and technology and innovation in general) with the end objective of helping the businesses to achieve greater productivity.
- Conduct and co-ordinate studies. This may involve putting together company case studies as examples for other companies to learn from and emulate.
- Develop advocacy messages and recommendations that may be directed at Government, the business community itself, and/or our workforce.
- Develop and operationalize new programs and initiatives that are consistent with the key advocacy messages that the Committee / Sub-committee is pushing for. These programmes and initiatives may include collaborating with various parties to organise workshops, CEO roundtable dialogues, forums and seminars.
- The individual will also be required to handle any other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned by SBF from time to time.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A good degree in Information Technology (IT), Business or a relevant discipline.
- 2 to 7 years of working experience in the private or public sector in the area of encouraging companies to adopt digital technologies. Experience in encouraging companies to adopt technology in general, innovate and achieve greater productivity will be an added advantage.
- A good understanding of the key concerns of the Singapore business community (including SMEs) in the area of digital technology adoption, innovation, technology adoption and achieving productivity.
- A passion for helping Singapore-based businesses (including SMEs) grow.
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express complex issues simply and logically.
- Proactive and possess the drive and resourcefulness to come up with innovative solutions/recommendations and operationalising the recommendations.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to bring various parties together to achieve results.
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Able to work well in a team and as an individual contributor.
- Proficient in organising forums, seminars, workshops and roundtable discussions.
As part of the dynamic team in the Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) & International Relations Department under the Strategy and Development Division, you will carry out the specific actions/measures for the successful implementation of SBF's FTA education and outreach programme.
- Conduct general outreach seminars on all in-force FTAs including developing FTA guidebooks and collaterals (e.g. flyers, factsheets, newsletters) to promote and raise awareness on the benefits of Singapore FTAs
- Conduct trainings / workshops to educate companies on the use of Singapore FTAs including developing FTA training modules/curriculum and materials
- Develop and regularly update the content as well as maintain SBF’s FTA microsite
- Handle simple queries by companies on Singapore FTAs, including the conduct of 1-on-1 FTA briefing sessions / clinics to help them understand the benefits of FTAs, and customise FTA advice based on their specific situation and markets
- Gather and consolidate private sector’s inputs/feedback on FTA-related problems and any other cross-border trade and investment issues facing companies in support of MTI’s FTA ongoing negotiations and reviews
- Monitor trade policy issues & developments on Singapore FTAs, & provide an impact analysis to Singapore companies (if required)
- Identify and establish collaborations with partners and key stakeholders (e.g. government, businesses, academia, etc.) to raise awareness on FTA benefits and build up Singapore business community’s appreciation and capabilities in using Singapore FTAs
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A good degree from a recognised university
- 3 to 8 years of experience in working on cross-border trade and investment policies and regulations, including an appreciation of FTA benefits and compliance
- A good understanding of the local and international business environment, as well as economic and political trends as they impact business
- Good analytical, consultation, planning, communication (verbal and written), presentation and event organisation skills
- A keen learner and proactive self-starter, with a willingness to work across a number of subject areas
- Results-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- Able to work well in a team and as an individual contributor
- Willingness to travel, if required
- Applicants without the pre-requisites must have a good understanding of businesses’ interests and concerns in relation with cross-border trade and investment policies and regulations
As part of the dynamic team in the Strategy and Development Division, you will support the various departments in the division by performing administrative and logistical tasks to enable the smooth running of the division. These tasks include:
- Arranging meetings.
- Printing documents.
- Correspondence & record management. This includes the electronic filing of documents and entry of information into the databases maintained by the division.
- Assistance in organising seminars, workshops and roundtables. This includes putting together electronic direct mailers and managing marketing booths (if necessary) to market the activities, managing the registrations for the activities, putting together the layout and seating plans and event feedback forms, helping out with the registration and logistics on the day of the event itself, and helping to analyse the feedback received after the event.
- Putting together and processing financial reports and data pertaining to a project or the division.
- Putting together financial claims pertaining to government funded activities such as LEAD.
- Handling any other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned to you by SBF from time
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Diploma-level qualification preferably with at least 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail with proven interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English including good telephone etiquette and adept at typing emails, letters and memos.
- Skilled in scheduling appointments with a special focus on time management and organization of information.
- Able to handle filing, updating and record management activities in a systematized manner.
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures. Good in handling office equipment including copiers, scanners, AV equipment.
- Efficient in performing data / information entry duties under strict deadlines and accuracy standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office applications principally, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Competent in using Excel in tracking financial data.
- Internet savvy and able to do simple researches on the Internet and through various other sources such as books and periodicals.
- Savviness in creating webpages and social media marketing will be an added advantage.
Global Business / Markets
- Create and manage projects, events and seminars to promote and develop trade and investments, including facilitating deals and projects for member companies for the China / North Asia regions
- Drive China / North Asia market programmes and activities through marketing and coordination with all relevant parties
- Conduct research work into different markets and industries
- Identify business trends and opportunities in China / North Asia and generate business opportunities for Singapore companies
- Maintain and enhance working relationships with local and foreign partners, including government bodies, business chambers / associations and Singapore and foreign companies
- Manage the database of companies and maintain relationships with them
- Prepare and issue marketing materials
- A good Degree preferably with at least 3 years’ experience in business development and/or marketing
- A good understanding of local and international business environments, and how economic and political trends impact business
- Relevant working experience in the relevant countries would be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Effectively bilingual, with good translation skills for business correspondence from English to Chinese and vice versa for the China region; Fluency in a North Asian language would be an added advantage for the North Asia region to liaise with associates
- Willing to travel
Interested applicants should send in their detailed resume (with a recent photograph) together with a cover letter (stating why they are suitable for the role; their notice period; and current and expected salaries) to