As the apex business chamber, SBF is committed to advocating key issues that impact the Singapore business community, helping enterprises develop capabilities and venture overseas.
We believe that our people are the driving force in helping the business community. We pride ourselves in developing our employees’ and are committed to creating a conducive work environment.
Interested applicants for the job opportunities below are invited to email your cover letter and detailed resume including a recent photograph, contact details, notice period as well as current and expected salaries.
The position reports to the Assistant Executive Director of Corporate Services Division and leads the Administration & Facilities team to meet the overall business goals and strategic needs of the organisation; and has the following responsibilities.
- Supervise the full spectrum of office administration function, including reception, insurance renewal, logistics for staff on-boarding and off-boarding, external storage of documents, office inventory and assets;
- Manage procurement functions including regular review of policy and processes, procurement of organization-wide goods and services (e.g. travel agents, printing vendors), provide guidance to end users on procurement matters;
- Supervise the full spectrum of office facilities function including maintenance and upkeep of office premises, manage the service agreements of vendors and oversee the smooth execution of seminar room bookings by internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage all leasing and tenant related matters, including sourcing for new tenants, facilitating renovation and reinstatement works, drawing up of leasing contracts, liaising with tenants on defects to be rectified by landlord;
- Ensure safety, security processes and systems are in place;
- Responsible for the Budget of the Administration and Facilities department
- Involved in the coordination of VIP events including event setup, liaising with vendors and internal departments; and
- Manage a team of admin and facilities executives
- Candidate must possess a good Degree in any discipline, preferably Estate Management or Business Administration
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in administration, estate management or procurement in a supervisory role
- An independent team player with a proactive and positive work attitude
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous with attention to detail and possess good problem solving skills
- A dynamic and motivated individual with a keen interest in continuous improvement and work excellence
- Effective communications skills both verbal and written
- IT savvy with good grasp of MS Office applications
Strategy & Development
Earlier this year, SBF re-positioned itself as the apex business platform promoting the growth and vibrancy of the Singapore business community and acting as the bridge between businesses and our Government. As a key part of the re-positioning, we have formed committees of business leaders to champion important issues of concern to significant segments of the business community and pursue activities to help the community itself. Two of such committees are the Digitalisation Committee and the SME Committee (SMEC) Sub-committee on Technology, Innovation and Productivity where the focus of the former committee is on helping companies to adopt digital technologies (especially in the area of e-invoicing, e-payments, e-commerce and promoting C-suite digital leadership), and the focus of the later committee is on helping our SMEs to innovate and adopt technology in general more. All these are with the objective of helping businesses to increase their productivity and transform. We are looking for a dynamic individual with the required skills and passion to lead a team to work closely with these two committees and the relevant stakeholders to:
- Gather & analyse feedback and conduct studies to better identify the challenges faced by businesses (especially our SMEs) in innovating and adopting technology, and the policies, programmes and activities that our Government and the business community itself should pursue to address the challenges.
- Work with the business community and relevant stakeholders to identify what policies and programmes should be put in place, or changed, as businesses’ inputs to the annual Singapore Budget.
- Develop and drive programmes, and activities, that will encourage greater innovation and technology adoption by businesses.
- Pursue any other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned to you by the organisation.
- A good degree in Business, Information Technology (IT) or a relevant discipline.
- 8 or more years of relevant working experience in the private or public sector, especially in the area of encouraging companies to innovate and adopt technology.
- A good understanding of the key concerns of the Singapore business community (especially our SMEs) in the area of innovation and technology adoption.
- A passion for helping businesses grow.
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express complex issues simply and logically.
- Proactive and possess the drive and resourcefulness to come up with innovative solutions/recommendations and operationalising the solutions/recommendations.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to bring various parties together to achieve results.
- Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Able to work well in a team and as an individual contributor.
- Proficient in organising forums, seminars, workshops and roundtable discussions.
As part of the dynamic team in the Strategy and Development Division, you will support the various departments in the division by performing administrative and logistical tasks to enable the smooth running of the division. These tasks include:
- Arranging meetings.
- Printing documents.
- Correspondence & record management. This includes the electronic filing of documents and entry of information into the databases maintained by the division.
- Assistance in organising seminars, workshops and roundtables. This includes putting together electronic direct mailers and managing marketing booths (if necessary) to market the activities, managing the registrations for the activities, putting together the layout and seating plans and event feedback forms, helping out with the registration and logistics on the day of the event itself, and helping to analyse the feedback received after the event.
- Putting together and processing financial reports and data pertaining to a project or the division.
- Putting together financial claims pertaining to government funded activities such as LEAD.
- Handling any other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned to you by SBF from time
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Diploma-level qualification preferably with at least 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail with proven interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English including good telephone etiquette and adept at typing emails, letters and memos.
- Skilled in scheduling appointments with a special focus on time management and organization of information.
- Able to handle filing, updating and record management activities in a systematized manner.
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures. Good in handling office equipment including copiers, scanners, AV equipment.
- Efficient in performing data / information entry duties under strict deadlines and accuracy standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office applications principally, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Competent in using Excel in tracking financial data.
- Internet savvy and able to do simple researches on the Internet and through various other sources such as books and periodicals.
- Savviness in creating webpages and social media marketing will be an added advantage.