Sustainability-Centric Innovation Design Workshop
With the rollout of the Singapore Green Plan 2030 in 2021, Singapore has highlighted our sustainability ambition to transit towards a Green Economy. As Singapore makes the transition, Businesses will not only need to have an understanding of how sustainability would impact their business but also review existing operations and adopt sustainability best practices to remain resilient and competitive in the long run.
To help support companies interested in embarking on sustainability transformation, SBF has partnered with Singapore Polytechnic to roll out the Sustainability-Centric Innovation Design workshops that aim to:
- To support companies in creating an awareness of their Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) performance using a Design Thinking & Human Centred Innovation (HCI) approach
- To help companies take stock of their current standing in sustainability
- To work with companies to design a plan that will pave the way for solution adoption
Participants will be guided during the workshop to:
- Define what sustainability means to their organisations
- Prepare the organisation in embracing sustainability
- Identify and quantify the impact of sustainability on their organisations
Work with stakeholders to design sustainability-centric innovation solutions/projections for their organisations.
A. ENVISION: How Might We Prepare to Move Towards Sustainability in Our Organisation?
B. ENVISION: How Might We Define What Sustainability Means in Our Organisation?
C. EMPATHISE: How Might We Understand the Sustainability Impact on our Organisation?
D. CREATE: How Might We Design Sustainability Centric Innovation Concepts for our Organisation?
- C-Suites (Senior Management)
- Business Strategy Leaders (Decision Makers)
- Line Managers
- Corporate Secretarial (Senior Executive / Executive / Associates etc)
Lorena Ting, Senior Designer - User Experience Centre
Lorena is a design researcher at the User Experience Centre who specializes in creating user-centric and sustainable solutions using empathetic design. Her portfolio of work includes service design for Singapore Cancer Society and curriculum redesign for the Institute of Financial Literacy. She believes in the power of co-design and looks forward to involving stakeholders in the design process. This supports her in workshop facilitation workshops where she is able to pass on her knowledge and experience in Human Centred Innovation to others while designing their learning outcomes together with them. She has facilitated workshops for organisations such as CapitaLand, the Yellow Ribbon Project and leading an Asia-wide workshop in collaboration with Temasek Foundation and the Asian Development Bank.
Dorothea Lim, Senior Designer - User Experience Centre
Dorothea is a designer with a deep passion for Human-Centered Innovation. As a problem solver, she is adept in visualising designs and strategizing solutions, applying an empathetic approach. She has worked on a wide range of projects over the course of her time at UXC, where her skills as a spatial designer and experience in empathic design provide meaningful solutions that align with user and business needs. She applied User Experience Design into areas such as health and wellness, learning development and experiences, lifestyle, as well as public service projects. Leveraging the latest trends and practices, she adapts quickly to apply them to her designs to provide usable and relevant results. As a regular workshop facilitator, she enjoys listening and learning from different groups and individuals, engaging in insightful conversations, and sharing real-life applied examples to help workshop participants better grasp design thinking.
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate, or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgment and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, by giving at least 3 working days’ notice before the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received before the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment/proof of payment has been received before the date of the workshop.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of a no-show on the actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule, or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary.
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
- PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit Card)
- PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
- Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
- Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
: Tuesday, 20 June 2023
: 2.00 PM - 6.00 PM