Implement Skills Framework in Organisational (SSG Funded)
The Skills Framework is a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning and is an integral component of the Human Resource Industry Manpower Map. HR professionals, as key enablers of human capital development, play an important role in adopting the relevant Skills Frameworks for their companies in different industry sectors. The course aims to engage learners, primarily Human Resource (HR) professionals, to appreciate the purpose and usage of the Skills Framework for identifying skills in the respective industry sectors, designing of jobs and building of organisational capabilities for a future ready workforce.
On completion of the course, the learner will be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Explain the objectives and purpose of the five components of the Skills Frameworks to employees.
- Resolve employee queries related to purposes and usage of Skills Frameworks.
- Adapt information from Career Pathways and Occupations and Job Roles Description components of the Skills Framework to develop Skills Map for a job role in the organisation.
- Adapt information from Skill Description and Training Pathway components of the Skills Framework to identify organisational development interventions for a job role in the organisation.
Minimum Entry Requirement
Learners are HR professionals in respective organisations. Learners for the programme are to submit a letter from Head of Human Resource Department of the respective organisations to certify that:
- The learner possesses English literacy to manage routine work-related conversations and organisational procedures.
- Able to operate a personal desktop computer / laptop.
- The learner can interpret materials and perform writing tasks related to human resource, such as reports and forms with reasonable accuracy to meet work needs.
- The learner has served three or more months in a human resource role in the organisation and is aware of organisational procedures and practices.
Learners who do not meet the above requirements will not be admitted for the course. Such entry requirements will ensure that the learners have some working knowledge of the organisation’s human resource programmes and activities to appreciate how the application of the Skills Framework for the implementation of these programmes and activities.
This course will comprise of short lecture, discussion and case study.
Written Assessment - Case Study = 25 mins; Short Answer Questions = 15 mins. Assessor-to-Learner Ratio: Min 1: 6, Max 1: 20. Date of assessment: 26 Dec 23
*Written Assignment – Learners will be given assignments and to submit them within 7 calendar days before the assessment date. Date of submission: By 27 Dec 2023
Oral Presentation on *Written Assignment = 20 mins. Assessor-to-Learner Ratio: Min 1:1, Max 1:1. Date of assessment: Learners are to select one of these dates 28 Dec | 29 Dec 2023. Actual time to be advised.