Eyeing Asia : Investment Law In Vietnam
Vietnam enjoys one of the fastest growing economies in the world benefiting from its youthful and fast growing working-age population and is set to be among the few countries to deliver positive GDP growth in 2022. Although the COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause serious disruption to the developing countries all around the world, Vietnam continues to effectively brings the pandemic under its control and ensure its economic activities. Today, Vietnam represents a highly potential country of vast opportunities and steady growth with the help of domestic political stability and profitable free trade agreements with many countries and territories. The remarkable trend of making the country increasingly attractive to foreign investors continues with its current government and business communities.
Course Outline1. Overview of the legal framework for foreign investment in Vietnam
2. Legal presence for foreign investors in Vietnam
3. Investment restrictions and incentives for foreign investors
4. Investment procedures and investment forms
5. Protection measures for foreign investors
7. Foreign exchange control and profit remittance
8. Land use right and registration of ownership
9. Leasing land in industrial zone, export processing zone and high technology zones vs taking over existing land from other investors - discussion on the pros and cons
10. Employment in a foreign invested enterprise (check out our employment law workshop)
11. Merger & Acquisition in Vietnam - Challenges & Opportunities
12. Competition law : scope of application, legal proceedings and sanctions
13. Dispute settlement measures
- Court vs Arbitration : discussion on the pros and cons
- Can foreign court decisions and arbitration awards be enforceable in Vietnam ?
- Mediation : an optimal option for dispute settlement
14. Final takeaway points
In this ½ day workshop, participants will gain cutting edge information on Vietnam market with an overview of the most important regulations and consequential legal trends for foreign investment currently guiding Vietnam's regulatory environment.
It also covers key regulations concerning foreign investment activities and new changes in the Law on Investment 2020 which took effect from 1 Jan 2021. This workshop will enable potential investors to gain greater, practical understanding of what Vietnam can offer. The trainer will share her knowledge and expertise to help investors navigate and recognise business opportunities in Vietnam. Participants will get to learn about the latest Vietnam's foreign investment procedures, achieve the know-how in best business strategy and ways to accelerate business growth in Vietnam.
Who Would Benefit
Business owners / executives, Directors, General Managers, In-house Legal Counsel
Meet The Trainer
Vu Thi Que
Co-founder of Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers
LLB, Tsinghua University, China
MBA, Andrew & Griggs University, USA
Que is in-charge of the firm's Labour & Employment, Corporate Regulatory, Mergers & Acquisitions, Projects & Infrastructure, TMT and Real Estate & Construction Practice Groups. She has more than 17 years of experience in legal practice and is highly evaluated by clients. One client reported this about her, "She is very knowledgeable, responsive and works well with our colleagues." Fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin), Que advises various English-speaking and Chinese-speaking clients as well as multinational clients on a wide range of legal and compliance issues.
The firm's employment practice led by Que has been recognised by Chambers Asia-Pacific, The Legal 500 and AsiaLaw Profiles in the region in all major legal areas. Ms Que is respected by market commentators for her popular employment practice. She handles terminations, drafting of employment contracts, changes to benefit packages and company-wide retrenchment. Recently, Que has been recognised as a highly regarded lawyer for Employment and Corporate / M&A practice in Chamber Asia Pacific publication 2021.
In M&A transactions, Que has successfully led her team in closing a significant number of deals spanning a broad spectrum of industries. From due diligence to transaction documentation, the Corporate & M&A practice group under Que's lead has been regarded for its responsiveness and local expertise. In addition, Que has been involved in advisory and negotiations for the development of some of Vietnam's largest real estate and infrastructure projects. Her experience covers developments of entire new townships, commercial and residential high rise towers, highways and other infrastructure projects of national significance.
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days' notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustment to the workshop where necessary.
Payment Options :
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (please key in invoice number for our reference)
1. PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit Card)
2. PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
3. Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website / Mobile app
Ref No: SB230873
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.
: Thursday, 11 May 2023
: 2.00 PM - 5.30 PM