Eyeing Asia : Employment Law In Vietnam
This is a ½ day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a Zoom link and access details of the online workshop.
With the current unprecedented challenges on individuals and economies around the world due to COVID-19 pandemic, the workforce ecosystem has been badly affected. In this regard, the new Labour Code (2019) officially took effect 1 January 2021, following that the Vietnam authorities have also issued several legal documents and guidelines for the implementation including working conditions and labour relations.
1. Labour Code & Relevant Labour Regulations
2. What constitutes an employee-employer relationship ? Alternative options for offshore foreign traders to hire personnel working in Vietnam prior to its legal presence in the country ?
3. Types of Labour Contracts - Statutory Terms & Conditions ? Is probation a mandatory requirement ?
4. How to effectively structure the employer's request for Non-Disclosure, Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation Clauses ?
5. Mandatory and non-mandatory benefits of employees - how to structure for mutual benefits ?
6. Statutory responsibilities of employees (e.g. compensation for damages, training cost)
7. Grassroot Trade Union - a mandatory requirement ? Pros and Cons of setting up a Grassroot Trade Union
8. Hiring foreigners in Vietnam - practical issues ?
9. Termination of employment contracts - Rights of employees or employers ? Termination procedures ? Implications and compensations for illegal termination
10. Is COVID-19 pandemic a valid reason for employers to unilaterally terminate labour contracts ?
11. Termination and Dismissal - What are the differences ?
12. Termination package - how to calculate ?
13. Internal Labour Rules (ILR) and Collective Labour Agreement - Tips for successful ILR registration
14. Labour Dispute - How to handle effectively ?
Participants will receive updates on labour laws governing the workforce in Vietnam and get a clearer understanding of the dynamics and mentality of the Vietnamese employees. Key development on recent important changes to Vietnamese labour legislation will be highlighted.
Participants will also gain a better understanding of the overview of the latest Vietnamese labour legislation as well as the key changes that affect labour relationships in order to prepare better compliance with the current laws. It would focus on helping employers and employees to overcome legal issues, typically job reduction which may arise from COVID-19 pandemic.Who Would Benefit
HR professionals, practitioners, business owners, executives, personnel, in-house legal counsel involved in HR related work or duties
Meet The Trainer