ESG : Legal Considerations, Implications & Best Practices
This is a ½-day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a Zoom link and access details of the online workshop.
With the recent global spotlight on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), there has been increasing focus by governments, regulators and business stakeholders to ensure that SUSTAINABILITY is a key consideration for corporations to operate in their business environment. A clear and formal understanding of ESG is vital for Singapore businesses to succeed in both their Asian and international markets.
Climate change, supply chain ethics, sustainable waste management and corruption are just some of the many aspects of ESG that most businesses need to note. There is a need for Singapore businesses to get on the ESG bandwagon to manage their corporate risks so as to avoid unforeseen, potential liability in order to stay competitive globally.
About This Workshop
1. Introduction to Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Definition of ESG - what is it exactly ? How it affects today's businesses and in what ways ?
- ESG vs Corporate Social Responsibility
- The importance of ESG governance
- ESG reporting standards
2. Recent ESG related regulations and initiatives and how it affects businesses :
- Highlights of Singapore Green Plan 2030
- Singapore Exchange (SGX) Sustainability Reporting Guidelines
- Resource Sustainability Act
- Carbon Pricing Act
3. The necessary steps ahead for businesses to take :
- Key considerations to make in putting up a workable ESG plan
- Implementation of the ESG plan
At the end of the workshop, participants will learn and obtain a greater understanding of :
- the basics of ESG and appreciate the importance of preparing their businesses for the ESG wave
- the updates on the recent local ESG initiatives that will have impact on their businesses
- the essential ESG concepts required for developing an ESG plan
- the valuable knowledge and practical insights shared by practitioners
Who Would Benefit
Business owners, senior management, working level executives who are involved in looking into the ESG plan for their organisations
Meet The Trainers
Joseph Tan Jude Benny LLP
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Bachelor of Laws, Singapore Management University (SMU)
Adv. Cert (GRC), IBFQ
Nicola is the Head of the firm's Regulatory & Compliance Practice. She provides compliance advice on regulations, solutions for managing risks and training in areas such as anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, conflicts of interest, conduct risk and corporate governance, just to name a few.
Nicola also provides support to clients in cases where there are investigations by regulators and government authorities. Her experience in commercial dispute resolution and shipping & admiralty allowed her to be involved in a variety of multijurisdictional cases over the years. Clients that she has acted for include banks, listed commodities companies and BVI companies. She has also regularly represented clients in international arbitrations, mediations and also appeared before all levels of the Singapore Courts. Nicola has represented clients in settlement negotiations, especially in disputes arising from commercial contracts. Nicola's extensive background has enabled her to handle both the advisory and contentious aspects of regulatory matters.
Nicola is in-charge of the firm's corporate secretarial arm, MP Corporate Secretarial Services Pte Ltd which serves many clients from industries such as finance, commodities, real estate, shipping, logistics, engineering, manufacturing, oil and construction.
Fluent in both English and Mandarin, Nicola also trains with the Informaconnect Maritime Trading Academy (Singapore).
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days' notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustment to the workshop where necessary.
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (please key in invoice number for our reference)
1. PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit Card)
2. PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
3. Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website / Mobile app
Ref No : SB231045
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.
: Friday, 25 August 2023
: 9.00 AM - 12.30 PM