Adopt Sustainability to Stay Relevant and become Competitive
The Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) requires ALL public-listed companies to report sustainability since 2016. In 2022, they have tightened this further by requiring report to include climate-related financial impact on businesses. All public-listed companies must attend compulsory sustainability courses, and that “comply or explain” reporting regime in FY2023 will move into mandatory reporting FY2024. 100% of SMEs are suppliers to public-listed companies and government agencies. It is likely that these public-listed companies will tighten procurement requirements by requiring SMEs to comply with sustainability standards, and to make disclosures. In other words, SMEs cannot assume business-as-usual. They may lose significant revenues if they cannot keep up with sustainability requirements. However, many SMEs are overwhelmed by so much ESG information from various sources and are unsure where and how they should start their sustainability journey. Join us in this one-day workshop to address this challenge.
1. Definition of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) expressed as people, planet & profits (3Ps)
2. SMEs to evaluate its current situation and gaps in ESG
3. SMEs to obtain insights on how to develop its ESG roadmap
1. Why Sustainability for SMEs?
2. Adopt now or be out of the game!!!
3. What are the current ESG Issues?
- Climate change
- Inclusivity & diversity
- Operations efficiency from energy and waste management perspectives
4. Sustainability framework: Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures(TCFD) and other standards
5. Develop Sustainability Roadmap for your business
6. Funding for Sustainability businesses and projects:
- Government funding programmes
- Banks and investment funds
- How to position SMEs and prokect to be ESG-ready and bankable
7. Case studies
Who should enrol in this course?
Business owners, Heads of Departments, Senior Executives
Chin Chuan is the Executive Director of Oriel Group of Companies (“Oriel”). He oversees all consulting initiatives in areas of sustainability, corporate strategy, corporate finance and business restructuring. He specializes in corporate finance, restructuring project financing and international business development with focus on sustainability. His clients are mainly SMEs and some MNCs. He spearheaded sustainability financing and supply chain programmes along the ancient Silk route countries of Central Asia, Africa, South-East Asia and South Asia.
His current engagements include Sustainability finance development for Africa (funded by Temasek Foundation), sustainable supply chain development and capacity building for MSMEs from Hospitality, Wholesale Food and Construction & Engineering sectors, as well as incorporating sustainability into impact finance.
In the area of Impact Finance development, Mr Wee is a Fellow with the Asia Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) Asia-Africa Fellowship Programme supported by the Oppenheimer Generations Foundation and the Ford Foundation.
He has been an active advocate in
sustainability development for SMEs and access to finance amongst SME Centres
and Trade Associations in Singapore and the region.
· Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
· Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
· No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, by giving at least 3 working days’ notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
· Full payment must be received prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
· Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the date of the workshop.
· Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
· SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
· PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit card)
· PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
· Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
· Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
: Monday, 06 March 2023
: 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM