Workplace Harassment - Rights, Remedies & Managing It
This is a ½ day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a Zoom link and access details of the online workshop.
Workplace harassment is proving to be a very real problem for employees today. There are increasing reports in workplace-related incidents now than back in few years ago.
With increasing awareness of this issue, employers cannot afford to ignore or pay no attention. In this ½ dayworkshop, we examine what employers should know about workplace harassment in Singapore. What are the duties of employers with regard to curbing harassment in the workplace ?
1. Overview in Dealing with Workplace Harassment
- What is harassment ?
- What is workplace harassment ? When and how does harassment be classified as workplace harassment ?
- Why do employers need to deal with this ?
2. Understanding the applicable laws & guidelines
- How does the Tripartite Advisory on Managing Workplace Harassment apply to employers ?
- What does the Protection of Harassment Act say ? Does it apply to the workplace ?
- What does the Workplace Safety & Health Act say ?
- Can the common law torts of harassment and negligence apply to employers ?
3. Dealing with Harassment
- How to handle harassment issues ?
- What steps to take for reporting, investigation, due inquiry, appeal ? How to create a proper process in place ?
- Who should be responsible for managing harassment complaints ?
- How to manage the complainee ? What disciplinary actions should be taken if a case is lodged ?
- How to manage the complainant ? What happens / to do when no case was found ?
- Reporting the incident or about the complainee to regulators, police authority ? When is this to be undertaken ?
- How to handle the well-being of all parties involved ?
4. Compliance processes for harassment
- What must your organisation's anti-harassment policy include ?
- How must reporting, investigation, due inquiry, appeal and/or grievance procedures be set up ?
- What other considerations are important ?
Who Would Benefit
HR professionals, practitioners, business owners, executives and other personnel involved in HR related work.
Meet The Trainer
Head of Competition & Antitrust and Trade
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP
Anandarajah heads the Competition & Antitrust and Trade Practice, leads the Corporate Governance Practice and is a member of the Sustainability Practice. Always a forerunner in niche areas of the law, practices in Competition (merger control, cartels etc), and Consumer Protection, she also has strong practices in employment, EHS/ESG and Telco/Media laws.
Lauded by clients as having "unrivalled knowledge and understanding of the law and uniquely .... able to understand very complicated businesses and their likely reactions" by Chambers Asia 2021 and one that has a "solid, can-do attitude and excellent client management skills .... and is very good at working out a strategic solution to a legal problem .... one of the few practitioners who is truly at the cutting edge".
Anandarajah is cited as TOP 100 Women in Competition Law by GCR. She sits on various boards and was in 2014 awarded the Public Service Medal (Pingat Bakti Masyarakat) which is conferred by the President of Singapore.
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days' notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustment to the workshop where necessary.
Payment Options :
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (please key in invoice number for our reference)
1. PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit Card)
2. PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
3. Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website / Mobile app
Ref No: SB230097
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not cla