Masterclass on Sustainability for Senior Management
Senior Management needs to use sustainability strategies to create a competitive advantage for their companies. Embedding a sustainability mindset heightens an organization’s awareness to remain robust and resilient through the deployment of sustainable and efficient processes.
There is clear evidence that the financial performance of companies corresponds to how well Boards handle environmental, social, governance (ESG) matters. Regulators and stakeholders demand that companies to uphold sustainability governance to properly discharge their fiduciary responsibilities.
You will also examine how an ESG rating is constructed, and to understand the common misconceptions about what an ESG rating measures.
Detailed Course Outline
1. Embedding a sustainability mindset
- Evaluate if addressing existential challenges can be profitable
- Understand what is a sustainability mindset and the role of the Board
- Demonstrate that ESG is more than just a nice to have concept and actually creates shareholder value for the Firm
2. Sustainability reporting for Boards
- Compare different ways for Boards to comply with sustainability reporting on SGX listed companies
- Appraise how Boards conduct sustainability governance
- Identify sustainability considerations that Board members should discuss in BOD meetings
3. Evaluating ESG ratings
- Demonstrate how to construct an MSCI ESG rating for listed companies
- Contrast ESG ratings in practice across ESG providers
- Clarify misconceptions on ESG ratings
This course is expected to be highly interactive and engaging for course participants.
- Define what is a sustainability mindset and the role of the senior management in sustainability governance.
- Understand how companies can use sustainability strategies to create a competitive advantage.
- Examine how SGX listed companies apply risk management tools to comply with sustainability reporting.
- Identify how a strong ESG proposition creates shareholder value.
- Evaluate ESG ratings and their common misconceptions.
Who should attend this course?
Business Owners, Directors, C-suite executives, and senior executives of companies who are interested to enhance their knowledge on sustainability in the Boardroom.
Prof. Roy Ling is the CEO & Founder of FollowTrade. Concurrently, he is also an Adjunct Professor in Finance at the SKEMA Business School, an Academic Program Director at SMU Academy and an Independent Board Director on several listed companies in Asia.Prof. Ling is a seasoned veteran with more than 20 years in investment banking with JPMorgan, Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs and Salomon Smith Barney. His expertise is in digital finance, sustainability investing and Asia real estate, and he had completed some of the highest-profile advisory and capital market transactions in the region. Prof. Ling is also a distinguished board director with more than 16 years of corporate governance experience across Asia. He was honored as the Real Estate Executive of the Year 2016 by Singapore Business Review, and as one of 20 Rising Stars in Real Estate 2008 by Institutional Investor.
· Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
· Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
· No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, by giving at least 3 working days’ notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
· Full payment must be received prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
· Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the date of the workshop.
· Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
· SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
· PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit card)
· PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
· Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
· Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
: Friday, 06 October 2023
: 9.00 AM - 12.30 PM