SBF Digitalisation Committee
SBF Council Member and Chairman of the Digitalisation Issues Committee Ms Janet Ang (seated left) signing a Memorandum of Intent with CEO of IMDA Mr Tan Kiat How. The signing was witnessed by (back from left) SBF Chairman Mr SS Teo, Minister for Finance & Chairman of the Future Economy Council Mr Heng Swee Keat and IMDA Chairman Mr Chan Yeng Kit.
Led by Ms Janet Ang, SBF Council Member and Vice President, Industry Solutions, IBM Asia Pacific, the Digitalisation Issues Committee will drive digital adoption and transformation across the Singapore business community.
Joining Ms Ang on the Committee are the following eight prominent members of the business community.
1. Mr R Dhinakaran, President of the Singapore Retailers Association, and Managing Director, Jay Gee Melwani Group;
2. Mr Douglas Foo, President of the Singapore Manufacturing Federation, and Founder and Chairman, Sakae Holdings Limited;
3. Ms Judy Hsu, Vice Chairman, The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS); and CEO, Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
4. Mr Roland Ng, President of the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer, Tat Hong Holdings Limited;
5. Mr Saw Ken Wye, Chairman of the Singapore Infocomm Technology Federation (SITF), and CEO of CrimsonLogic Pte Ltd
6. Mr Shamir Rahim, President of the Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Founder and CEO, VersaFleet;
7. Dr T. Chandroo, Chairman, Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Chairman and CEO, Modern Montessori International Group
8. Mr Kurt Wee, President of the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises, and Director of Conrad and Ottess Private Asset Management Limited;
On 1 November at the Future Economy Conference and Exhibition organised by SBF, the Federation signed a Memorandum of Intent with IMDA, pledging to engage trade associations, business chambers and businesses to help enable digital adoption and transformation. The partnership will facilitate, identify and recommend programmes and initiatives to assist the SBF-led Digitalisation Issues Committee.
“Partnering IMDA is a big boost to the SBF-led Digitalisation Issues Committee. It takes SBF a step closer to its re-positioned role to sense, prioritise, analyse and help resolve burning issues facing significant segments of businesses. IMDA’s goal of enabling businesses through the adoption of digital technologies compliments the Committee’s work and IMDA’s wealth of talent, expertise and thought leadership will be invaluable to the Committee.”
Ms Janet Ang, Chairman, Digitalisation Issues Committee