In conjunction with the visit of H.E. Zafer Caglayan, Minister of Economy of the Republic of Turkey and his esteemed delegation of officials and businessmen, the Ministry of Economy of Turkey, the Turkish Exporters Assembly, the Istanbul Exporters Association and the Singapore Business Federation have the honour to present the Turkey-Singapore Business & Investment Forum 2012. As one of the fastest growing economies in the world, Turkey offers vast opportunities for the Singapore business community.
The forum will (i) provide participants with key insights on the current economic development in Turkey, (ii) showcase emerging business and investment projects and opportunities, particularly the country’s new investment incentive scheme, and (iii) offer a platform for the Singapore business community to meet with potential business partners.
Who Should Attend?
Singapore businesses who are interested to hear the latest updates on Turkey’s economy and business climate
keen to explore the Turkish market and find out the business & investment projects/opportunities available
establish contacts with high-level government officials.
meet with potential partners from Turkey
PROFILE OF THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY
- World’s leading producers of agricultural products, textile & clothing, auto & auto spare parts, iron & steel, ships and other transportation equipment, consumer electronics and home appliances
- Ranked as the 16th largest economy in the world and 5th largest economy in Europe with 8.5% GDP growth in 2011
- Its strategic location on 2 continents (Europe & Asia) gives the country a major advantage in serving the European, Middle Eastern and North African markets of combined 1.5 billion consumers.
- Favourable business environment: Liberal and reformist investment climate, qualified and competitive labour force, highly developed infrastructure network, low taxes and attractive incentives, comprehensive FTA network with 18 countries, growing domestic demand
- Exports to more than 200 countries and major trading partners include EU, Russia, China, US
Keynote Addresses by
- H.E. S Iswaran, Minister, Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister for Home Affairs and Trade & Industry of the Republic of Singapore
- H.E. Zafer Caglayan, Minister of Economy of the Republic of Turkey
Presentation: New Turkish Investment Incentive Programme