In conjunction with the visit of H.E. Nikola Gruevski, Prime Minister of Macedonia and his esteemed delegation of senior government officials, the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) is pleased to present the Seminar on Spotlight on Macedonia - Emerging Investment & Trade Opportunities
. With growing interest on Macedonia as a business and investment destination, this seminar enables participants to learn more about the current economic climate in the country, understand emerging opportunities for Singapore businesses and meet with senior government officials.
Who Should Attend?
Singapore businesses who are interested to hear the latest updates on Macedonia’s economy and business climate • keen to explore the Macedonia market and find out the business & investment opportunities available
• establish contacts with high-level government officials and businessmen.
PROFILE OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
- Situated at the cross-roads of South Eastern Europe, serving as a potential transit and distribution hub for European markets.
- 3rd most improved economy in the world according to the World Bank’s “Doing Business Report 2012”.
- An open economy with political and macroeconomic stability, low inflation rate and stable currency
- Experienced positive GDP growth of 3% in 2010.
- Favourable business environment: Flat tax system and attractive foreign investment incentives, excellent infrastructure network and development, highly qualified, educated and ethical workforce, competitive labour costs.
- Free Zone incentives unparalleled anywhere in the region and wider (in line with EU regulations).
- Key trading partners: Germany, Serbia, Greece, Italy, and Bulgaria.
- Sectors with high potential: Agriculture • Automotive Component • Chemical • Construction • Energy
• Healthcare • ICT • Metal • Mineral Resources • Textile • Tourism • Trading.
by Singapore Business Federation
Keynote Address: Macedonian Economic and Political Outlook
by Guest-of-Honour, H.E. Nikola Gruevski, Prime Minister of Macedonia
“Macroeconomic Overview & Investment Opportunities in Energy & Infrastructure”
by H.E. Zoran Stavreski, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance
“Emerging Investment & Trade Opportunities for Singapore Businesses in Macedonia”
by H.E. Bill Pavlevski, Minister for Foreign Investments and Mr Visar Fida, Director of the Agency for Foreign Investment and Export Promotion
“Investment Incentives and Overview of Existing Investors”
by Mr Viktor Mizo, CEO of the Free Zone Authority